I know in beautiful summer weekends you are always looking for the best and easiest homemade barbecue (BBQ) recipes. Incredibly instant Pot has taken cooking to a whole new level of perfection especially during busy days. Its user friendly and simple control panel makes things easier. It’s a great addition to my pantry. I love to cook using instant pot pressure cooker.
Instant Pot allows you to make perfect and succulent BBQ chicken very quickly. It’s fast and healthy weekday or weeknight meal for the family or friends get together when you have a very small amount of free time.
In this blog I am going to share my favorite BBQ chicken recipe. It’s easy, effortless, less spicy and super delicious.
Picture Courtesy: Sandra’s Homespun Life
What kind of chicken works best with this recipe?
I recommend you to use a combination of chicken thighs and breasts together instead of totally breasts. Because in this way chicken thighs turn the recipe more juicy and moist.
Prep Time: 10 min (Plus 5 minutes for frozen chicken) Cooking Time: 15 min
Serving Size: Serves 4-5 people
- Boneless and skinless chicken thighs or breasts.
- 1 ½ cups BBQ sauce
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tsp (teaspoon) Yellow mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce (you can also use gluten-free if you need to)
- 1 tsp Hot sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp (table spoon) Cornstarch
- 3 tbsp Water
Instructions to cook
1. In a bowel mix BBQ sauce, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, few dashes of the hot sauce around ½ to 1 tsp, 3-4 cups of water, salt and pepper as per your taste.
2. Now season boneless and skinless chicken thighs with the mixture sauce we have prepared in the 1st step.
3. Put all mixed stuff (thighs and sauce) into the pot. Close the lid and set the pressure valve to the sealed position.
4. Start cooking by pressing manual button and set timer to 15 minutes.
5. After when your electric pot stops cooking, press cancel and do quick steam release.
6. Open the lid and transfer chicken pieces to another dish.
7. Now prepare cornstarch mixer by mixing 3 tbsp of water plus 3 tbsp cornstarch.
8. Press saute button and allow the remaining BBQ liquid mixture in the pot to come up to boil.
9. Then add cornstarch mixture to the pot and stir the liquid with rapid movement until the mixture is thickened.
10. Press cancel button and pour the thick liquid over the chicken thighs.
11. Now the very flavorful food is ready. Serve with boiled rice and enjoy.
I hope you will like this tender, sweet, moist and full of taste recipe. Try this recipe and share your views with us below in the comments section.